I love homemade mayonnaise and make it often especially if I’m making a wonderful sandwich/salad combo for dinner. I also use it in my homemade creamy dressings! I have found that the immersion blender is the best and more effective (less failures, less waste) than a blender. Also, using just a regular whisk is effective but warning your arm muscles will retaliate!
- 1 farm fresh egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon organic dry mustard
- 2 pinches Sucanat
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed organic lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- Put all the ingredients in a 1-quart wide-mouth jar, let it sit for an hour so everything settles and begin at the bottom to blend it. Using the immersion blender start from the bottom and pulse your way up a few times. The mayonnaise forms from the bottom and comes up fluffy ... all done in about one minute! No need to add oil separately. Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
See you in the comments,