This Herb Vinaigrette Dressing is a wonderful companion for my Hearty Salad Dinner Bowl recipe. The fresh organic herbs, the tangy white wine vinegar and lemon juice just makes the flavors in the Hearty Salad Dinner Bowl pop.
If I have a choice of dressings a nice Vinaigrette is always my go-to. I just love the tanginess of the vinegar and citrus.
With Spring upon us, fresh organic herbs are at their peak. I just can’t resist picking up bunches of various herbs when I’m at the market and using them throughout the week. If I was a gardener and didn’t have a black thumb I would surely plant at least an acre of just herbs on my property. The act of going to the garden, picking herbs and vegetables to use for dinner that night and creating an amazing meal is just so satisfying. Alas, to no avail, I have a black thumb and must rely on my favorite markets for my supply. Damn black thumb totally ruins my mojo!
This vinaigrette is a cinch to prepare even a beginner can master it. I usually make a large batch to store in the refrigerator so I always have it on hand. It will last for weeks and the flavors only intensify and marry nicely.
Ready for the recipe?
- 1 cup Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tea Dijon Mustard
- Juice of half a Lemon
- Small bunch(es) of Parsley, Cilantro, Basil or any combination of fresh herbs you choose, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of Organic Garlic, peeled and rough chopped
- 1 Shallot, peeled and rough chopped
- 1/4 tea Organic Cane Sugar or Honey, if you prefer
- A dash of Red Pepper Flakes
- Sea Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a blender or food processor, add all the ingredients and pulse a few times until the herbs garlic and shallot are finely chopped.
- Taste for seasoning and add additional sea salt and pepper if necessary
- Pour contents in a glass, air tight mason jar and refrigerate.
- This vinaigrette can be customized with your families favorites. Experiment a little and make it your own!
See you in the comments,