Lunch is by far my favorite meal of the day. However, it must be an easy grab and go kinda lunch especially if I’m having a busy writing day or out and about doing research. I find that if I’m out and about stopping at my favorite noodle bar or sushi restuarant places top on my list but if I’m in my writing nook churning away something healthy and easy to grab is the only way I don’t skip this favorite meal of mine.
On Sundays I make it a point to whip up a few easy to grab lunch recipes that I can eat all week. I usually make sure to have some fresh veggies all ready to eat like sliced cucumbers, grape tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, sliced radishes and my favorite blue cheese dip. I also like to have a plant-based protein that is equally as easy. That’s were my Make It Sunday, Eat It All Week Lentil Salad comes in.
This Lentil Salad is full of fiber, high in protein and is super satisfying! Not to mention, it tastes great and gives you tons of energy! You can easily divide it up in covered Pyrex bowls for a quick, no brainer, grab and go lunch. It requires very little refrigeration so to add this to your lunch bag is a breeze. In fact, I think it tastes better at room temperature!
Are you ready to get started?
- 1 cup Green Lentils, cooked, drained & cooled
- 1 bunch Green Onions, sliced
- 3 ribs Celery, diced
- 1 Green Pepper, diced
- 1 Roasted Red Pepper, diced
- 2 to 3 cloves of Garlic, diced
- Small handful of Cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- A pinch of Sugar
- A few good Swirls of EVOO
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Place 1 cup Green Lentils in 3 cups of water
- Bring to boil
- Once boiling, turn heat to medium and let simmer approximately 15 to 20 minutes
- Dice or slice the remaining ingredients
- Place in a mixing bowl
- When Green Lentils are cooled, add to the prepared ingredients in the mixing bowl
- Gently combine
- Add the lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper
- Swirl in the EVOO and mix gently
- Place in the refrigerator for approximately 1 hour to let the flavors marry
- All ingredients are organic unless otherwise noted.
See you in the comments,