One of the things I love about Summer is the plethora of fresh produce we have to choose from. Fresh Cucumbers are no exception, they are at the peak of their flavor and seem to just taste better than any other time of year.
We were entertaining friends this weekend and I wanted to make it simple and enjoyable. No big fuss in the kitchen just some quality time with good friends and good food without all the stress of a formal dinner. I wanted to set out an easy appetizer that I could make ahead of time and store in the refrigerator. What is better than a refreshing, cool dip with crudities and a loaf of crunchy sourdough bread.
This dip is so easy to prepare … the cool flavor of cucumbers and green onions, the creamy sour cream with a touch of tahini taste and a little lemon juice to bring it all together. It was fabulous and my guests really enjoyed it! I hope you enjoy it too!
So, let’s get to that recipe, okay?
- 1 Large Organic Cucumber, seeded and grated
- 4 Organic Green Onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 cup Organic Sour Cream
- 3 TB Tahini Paste
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- A small handful of Parsley, chopped
- 2 tea Honey
- The Juice of 1/2 an Organic Lemon
- Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, add grated cucumber and a few pinches of salt
- Set aside for approximately 20 minutes to sweat the water out of the cucumber
- In the meantime, prep your green onions and garlic
- After 20 minutes, drain cucumber and squeeze as much liquid out of it as possible (otherwise your dip will be runny)
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, mix well
- Add salt and pepper, to taste
- These measurements are not exact. You can adjust the ingredients to meet your family's taste.
See you in the comments,