I know we’re in the throes of Summer, but even in the Summer soup is always one of my go to meals for lunch. Especially if it’s super quick, I can make it to have throughout the week and it’s packed with healthy ingredients. My Asian Inspired Coconut Soup with Sprouted Tofu totally fits the bill.
It can be warmed to a tepid temperature and doesn’t need to be piping hot for you to enjoy. The smooth and refreshing coconut milk paired with a ginger miso broth, super firm organic sprouted tofu, dandelion greens and the juice of an organic lemon just brings all the flavors together.
I can make a medium pot of soup in just 10 minutes and store it in the refrigerator so I can have it during the week. This soup always insures that I will not be skipping lunch!
Ready for the recipe? Let’s go then …
- 1 can Coconut Milk, full fat
- 1 carton Ginger Miso Broth (found at Trader Joe's)
- 1 Handful of Dandelion Greens, chopped
- 3 Organic Green Onions, sliced thin
- 1/2 block of Organic Sprouted Tofu, cubed into bite size pieces
- 2 tea Fish Sauce, I use Red Boat
- 1 1/2 tea Granulated Garlic
- 1 tea Honey
- Juice of 1/2 of an Organic Lemon
- 1 tea Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tea Red Pepper Flakes
- Small handful of Fresh Organic Cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- In a medium sauce pan, add all the ingredients with the exception of the fish sauce, lemon juice and sea salt
- Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally
- When Soup is heated through, add fish sauce and lemon juice
- Taste the soup and add sea salt, to taste
- Garnish with chopped cilantro
- You can use Chicken Broth, in place of the Ginger Miso Broth. Just make sure to adjust the salt to taste.
- All the ingredients are not set in stone, you can adjust them to meet your palette to make it your own
See you in the comments,