Do you need a last minute appetizer? This versatile recipe comes together in under 15 minutes, but looks and tastes like it took a lot longer. How cool this that, right?
Mini sweet peppers are great for snacking on right out of the bag, but they are even better when stuffed with your favorite blend of cheeses, fresh thyme and bacon. Pop under the broiler for about 5 minutes or until nicely browned and voila! You have a perfect warm and delicious appetizer in less than 15 minutes. Not only that, these are ingredients you probably already have in your refrigerator. What does that mean … no running to the market trying to figure out what on earth to do!
Are you ready for that amazing 15 minute life saver recipe?
- 1 bag mini sweet peppers in assorted colors
- 6 oz. goat cheese
- 6 oz. ricotta cheese
- 3 T. fresh thyme leaves, stems removed
- 4 strips thick-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 oz. hard Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Wash peppers and pat dry. Cut each pepper in half lengthwise, leaving the stem intact. Remove seeds and membranes from each pepper half and discard. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine goat cheese, ricotta cheese, thyme leaves and bacon and sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Combine ingredients thoroughly. With a small spoon, fill each pepper half with the cheese and bacon mixture and arrange on a rimmed baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Top each stuffed pepper half with grated Parmesan cheese and pop into the oven under a preheated broiler set to ‘high.’
- Broil for approximately 5 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown and peppers start to blister. Remove from oven and place on a serving plate. Serve immediately.
See you in the comments,