The peak season for green beans has almost come to an end. But, before that happens why don’t you give this elegant Roasted Green Beans side dish a try. This recipe elevates basic green beans to a whole new level. It is also great for entertaining because it looks and tastes like you spent a lot more time on it than you actually did.
Roasting the green beans assures they will be crisp, tender and full of robust flavor, while the extra virgin olive oil and freshly grated Parmesan cheese greatly enhances the natural appeal of this classic side. Pair this with a simple Grilled Chicken Breast and you have a complete meal is less than 30 minutes!
Are you ready for that recipe?
- 1 pound fresh green beans, washed, trimmed and patted dried
- 3 T. olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 T. high-quality extra virgin olive oil
- 3 T. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking pan with a sheet of parchment paper. In a medium bowl, toss the green beans, garlic and olive oil together until completely coated. Then, spread the coated green beans on the lined pan in a single layer without crowding.
- Season with salt and pepper, then roast in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven once during this time to turn the beans so they cook evenly.
- When finished roasting, remove from oven and place beans on serving tray. Before serving, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Do you have a favorite green bean recipe that your family loves?
See you in the comments,