As the warm summer months fade into memory, your opportunities to enjoy grilled meals outside start to dwindle. But don’t despair! There is still plenty of time to enjoy your favorite grilled foods before the chilly bite of winter forces you back inside.
I’m using the last of my stash of southern peaches for a quick and delicious healthy fall salad. Using a rotisserie chicken sets the stage for an easy and filling weeknight meal, while the warmth of the grilled peaches complements the crunch of the pecans and the rich creaminess of the goat cheese. A light champagne vinaigrette balances out the flavors with a hint of tangy sweetness.
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce, base removed, washed and patted dry
- 3 medium ripe peaches, pits removed and cut into wedges
- 16 oz. rotisserie chicken, preferably breast meat
- 4 oz. pecans, chopped
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 3 T. champagne vinegar
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 t. shallot, very finely minced
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 1 T. honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To prepare the vinaigrette, combine the first 6 ingredients in a non-reactive glass bowl and whisk to combine thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Clean grill grates with a wire brush and then spray with a non-stick cooking spray. Grill peach wedges over medium direct heat for approximately 3 minutes per side. For best results, flip wedges only once while grilling. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Tear Romaine leaves into bite-sized chunks and place on 4 serving plates. Divide grilled peaches, chicken, pecans, and goat cheese evenly among the plates. Drizzle each plate with champagne vinaigrette and serve. (If you prefer a more evenly distributed dressing, toss the salad ingredients with the dressing in a large bowl prior to arranging on plates).
See you in the comments,