Fall is on the horizon and that means apple season is upon us! Here is a super easy dessert that you can make all season long. These Apple Cinnamon Tartlettes are delicious warm out of the oven topped with French Vanilla Bean Ice Cream or Whipped Maple Cream . They also make an excellent addition to a Fall Potluck! I’m sure they will be a hit with young and old alike.
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend and personally use myself
- 1 pack frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 T. water
- 3 T. unsalted butter
- 3 medium apples, peeled, cored and cut into thin slices
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 2 t. ground cinnamon
- 1 t. nutmeg
- 1 t. ground cloves
- Defrost puff pastry in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Adjust baking rack to middle position and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare an egg wash by beating one egg yolk with water until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Remove thawed puff pastry from refrigerator. Place pastry on a lightly floured surface. Roll dough into a uniform square shape and cut into 4 equal-sized squares. Place squares on a large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Dock (pierce with a fork) the center of each pastry square and place in the freezer while preparing the apple mixture.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add apple slices to pan and cook for several minutes until soft, stirring occasionally. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves to pan. Stir to combine, then remove from heat and set aside.
See you in the comments,