This salad is so pretty to look at with its beautiful hues! It’s just perfect for a Fall meal when the greens are their most tasty. The addition of homemade gorgonzola dressing brings together the beautiful flavors of the strip steak and roasted veggies and is sure to please everyone at the table.
There are several steps involved in pulling this all together, but the end result is definitely worth the extra effort!
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend and personally use myself
- 2 10-oz. strip steaks
- 1 T. kosher salt
- 3 T. olive oil , divided
- 3 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled, smashed, and roughly chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves removed and crushed
- 2 small heads Bibb lettuce, base removed, leaves washed and dried
- 12 oz. roasted golden beets and purple potatoes, cut into equal-sized small chunks (click link for recipe)
- 4 oz. good quality gorgonzola cheese
- Click this link for recipe.
- For best results,
- sprinkle the steaks with kosher salt on both sides and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil , Worcestershire sauce, garlic and rosemary in a non-reactive bowl large enough to hold both steaks. Add salted steaks to the bowl and turn to coat. Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove steaks from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before cooking to allow them to reach room temperature. This will ensure they cook more evenly.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add remaining olive oil to a cast iron skillet and set burner temperature to high. Allow skillet to heat thoroughly, approximately 5 or 6 minutes, before adding steaks. Sear steaks in hot skillet on all sides, approximately 2 or 3 minutes per side.
- When steaks are evenly seared on all sides, place skillet in oven. Roast for 8-10 minutes or until an instant-read meat thermometer reads 125 degrees for medium rare. (Actual cook time will vary by individual oven and what level of ‘doneness’ you prefer, so adjust your cooking time accordingly).
- To assemble the salad, place Bibb lettuce on 4 plates and add 1/4 of the roasted beets, potatoes, and gorgonzola chunks to each plate. Divide sliced steak and add to each plate before drizzling with homemade gorgonzola dressing. Serve immediately with sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
Have you ever had roasted veggies on a salad?
See you in the comments,