This recipe is a real weeknight timesaver. It can be made in a single skillet and tastes amazingly delicious! Not only that, it freezes very well so you can make larger batches for an even easier weeknight meal. Once you taste it I’m sure you’ll agree!
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend and personally use myself
Yields 4 to 6 Servings
20 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- 3 T. olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, cleaned and finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage, crumbled
- 3 c. chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 2 t. oregano , dried
- 2 t. rosemary , dried
- 1 t. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cans (15 oz.) cannellini beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans , pureed with liquid from can
- 3 large kale leaves, tough stems removed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ c. fresh parsley, chopped
- Parmesan cheese , shaved
- In a heavy bottomed skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add celery, carrots, onions, and garlic to pan and sauté until tender.
- Add crumbled bulk pork sausage to skillet and cook until no longer pink inside. Carefully drain excess fat from the skillet before adding chicken stock or vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium-low. Add oregano , rosemary and crushed red pepper flakes .
- Add whole and pureed cannellini beans to skillet. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add kale and simmer another 15-20 minutes. If soup is too thick, add more stock to thin. If it is too thin, continue cooking until desired consistency is reached.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and shaved Parmesan cheese and serve with crusty Italian bread.
If spicy it not your thing, you can substitute the spicy pork sausage for a mild or sweet sausage and reduce the amount of crushed red pepper flakes.
Do you have any weeknight timesaver tips?
See you in the comments,