When it comes to holiday entertaining I always go for the super easy appetizers. This frees my time up for the more complex recipes I plan on serving for dinner and keeps me stress-free. These Cherry and Brie Pastry Cups are super easy and incredibly delicious. The flavors of warm, melted Brie and sweet dark cherries are enhanced with a slight hint of maple syrup. You can sprinkle a few fresh thyme leaves on top prior to baking to add a more savory flavor if you choose.
While this Pastry Cup recipe yields 30 appetizers you may want to make another batch to have on hand because they will go before you know it. By having an extra batch hidden in the kitchen you are guaranteed to actually be able to savor your own creation. I’m a little sneaky like that!
This post contains affiliate link to product I recommend and personally use
Yields 30 Appetizers
15 minTotal Time
- 8 oz. Brie, rind removed and cut into 30 small cubes
- 6 oz. frozen dark cherries, thawed and cut into small pieces, reserve juice
- 3 T. real maple syrup
- 30 frozen fillo or pastry cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place fillo cups on baking sheet and add one piece of Brie to each cup. Top off each cup with an equal amount of chopped cherries and reserved juice.
- Drizzle a little maple syrup over each cup and place in preheated oven for 7 – 9 minutes, or until Brie is completely melted. While baking, make sure the fillo or pastry cups do not burn.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
Do you have a super easy appetizer recipe sure to please at your holiday party?
See you in the comments,