I’m always trying to come up with some super easy lunch ideas. When you work from home, having to take a break from a project your working on just to make yourself lunch usually equates to skipping lunch all together or snacking on something we all know we shouldn’t be snacking on. That is why I make it a point to take a few hours on Sunday to do prep work in the kitchen for weekday lunches and suppers. Cutting out the prep time on a busy weeknight makes putting a healthy meal together super quick with very little effort. Enter … one of my old time favs, Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps.
This lightly dressed chicken salad is so delicious, satisfying and healthy. While this recipe calls for a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, I often roast a whole chicken myself especially when there is a huge sale on whole chickens. For example, this week Earth Fare has whole chickens on sale for $1.00 a pound so you know I’m going to go pick up three or four or five or six for the freezer which will make these Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps a staple in my lunch rotation. Can you believe $1.00 a pound? I’m having to pinch myself just to make sure I didn’t wake up somewhere in the distant past lol
These Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps also make a great pack and go lunch for those who like to bring a healthy lunch to work. It’s so easy to pack in a bento box and off you go. No fuss, no muss!
I’m also going to let you in on another little lunch secret of mine … pair your Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps with my Cucumber Noodles with Pesto for an even more satisfying meal.
Yields 4 to 6 Servings
20 minTotal Time
- 1 T. real mayonnaise
- 2 T. Greek yogurt
- 2 t. Dijon mustard
- 1 T. red wine vinegar
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 2 t. dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 oz. rotisserie chicken breast, chuck into equal size cubes
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3/4 c. pecans, roughly chopped
- 15 red grapes, washed and cut in half
- 3 T. fresh parsley, washed, stems removed and finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely sliced, green part only
- 4-6 large Romaine lettuce leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Sliced green onions
- In a small glass bowl, combine mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, garlic powder, and oregano. Stir to combine thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- In a larger non-reactive bowl, combine chicken breast, celery, pecans, grapes, parsley, and green onion. Add dressing and gently stir to combine all ingredients thoroughly. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to overnight to allow the flavors to combine. To serve, divide the chicken salad between the Romaine lettuce leaves. Garnish with parsley and/or green onions, if desired, and serve immediately.
Tip: You can substitute the Romaine Lettuce for Boston Bibb or Butter Lettuce
Do you have a go to easy lunch idea? I’d love to hear about it!
See you in the comments,